How To Apply At SANDF| Application Form 2023/2024
We zanursing.com team are so happy to inform you about How To Apply At SANDF| Application Form 2023/2024
Here’s a guide on how to join the South African National Defense Force (SANDF) reserves.
Application for SANDF is available ONCE A YEAR.
This can be found published as an application form in various newspapers as well as on Careers Portal website.
The South African National Defence Force Reserves is a voluntary and part-time directorate of the South African National Defence Force (SANDF).
The reserves provide guidance, assistance and expertise to our armed forces, and they’ll respond to crises that arise.
Joining the reserves gives you the opportunity to serve your country, and a chance to provide humanitarian assistance to those in need in time of natural or other disasters.
Your expertise can help improve our country’s defensive needs, and being a reserve gives you the opportunity to travel abroad.
You’ll also have the opportunity to grow professionally and learn new skills.
A Reserve member may choose to serve in any of the following corps (given that they have the necessary requirements) and support functions:
- Air Defence Artillery
- Support functions:
A serving member of the reserves receives all the benefits that are applicable to Regular Force members.
- A salary,
- medical aid, and
- access to SANDF facilities.
When will the applications be open this year? Click the READ MORE link to find out.
How to join the Reserve Force
There are two ways you can join the South Africa Reserve Force Division, either through the Military Skills Development System (MSDS) or through direct recruitment.
The MSDS is a Department of Defence programme that serves as the entry-level platform for young South Africans who want to follow a career in the South African National Defence Force.
If you’re selected to join the South African National Defence Force through the MSDS, you’ll undergo an initial period of 2 years voluntary service.
After your initial 2 years of service you’ll be offered a 5 year contract to join the reserves which can be renewed until the age of 65.
Direct recruitment is only applicable to people with special skills such as engineers, IT specialists, diesel mechanics etc.
Requirements to join the reserves
If you would like to join the army reserves, you have to meet the following requirements:
- A South African citizen.
- Medically, mentally and battle fit.
- Between the ages of 18 and 26 years (the required age varies according to the category of training/service) when joining for the first time. This age restriction does not apply to applicants with professional or critical skill qualifications required.
- You must have the attributes and qualifications which are required for your training.
- You must be able to perform the service or duties attached to the post for which you apply.
- If you are employed, your employer must be willing to grant special leave for military activities within reasonable demands.
- Have no criminal record.
- Training is provided to new recruits but due to the nature of the system, longer courses are presented in shorter flexible modules.
- Other corps may require you to have existing qualifications in that specific field. For example, to join the Air Force Reserves an applicant must have aviation related expertise.
Where can you join?
To qualify for the MSDS programme, you should:
- Be a South African citizen.
- Be aged between 18 and 22 years (Graduates up to the age of 26 years).
- Be currently busy with the National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) or have completed it.
- Not be area bound.
- Have no record of a criminal offence.
- Be preferably single.
- Comply with medical fitness requirements for appointment in the South African National Defence Force.
- Be prepared to do Basic Military Training, Functional Training and to serve in uniform.
Originally posted on February 14, 2023 @ 11:58 pm